Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 1 in Ohio....



Mornin to all Ya'll!

As a few of you may know, I have been assigned to the Cleveland, Ohio Mission and get to serve in Historic Kirtland! OH MY GOODNESS the history that is here. I am learning a ton! The people are amazing, and the love I get to feel for everyone I meet is unbelievable. We ran into a man while knocking on doors the other day, and I keep asking when we're going to call him so we can tell him more about this amazing knowledge that we have!

I have the best companions! Yes, I am in a Trio. SO MUCH FUN!! Their names are Sister Stodard and Palmer. They're very good missionaries, there's a lot that I can learn from them. They're really good at being good sports when it comes to my language study, and dealing with where I come up short. I have been blessed with out a doubt.  There are a ton of things that I wish I could tell you all about, but don't worry, I'm keeping a journal. There's so little time and P days go by so very fast!  Guess what I did on my first day! Haha I had to opportunity to challenge a couple to commit to baptism which was rejected, but it'll come in time. So cool.

My mission Pres and his family are amazing! Their daughter and Sabrina need to be friends. They are the Vellingas. First time I read that I pulled an Argentine moment, so proud of myself.

The mercies of the Lord are so evident. And I love being able to see them so often. I love working so hard that I'm so exhausted at the end of the day! I sleep well, I'm so spoiled. I have a cozy bed, and carpet . . . . not what I was expecting for the first week. We give tours too! and I've been through the Kritland Temple, the N.K. Whitney Store, School of the Prophets and such, I love it!

Brit! Oh my goodness, you're a mom! :D I love her already, give her hugs and kisses for me! My Anderson Girls, I'm so excited to get your letters! I love you all, and hope all is going well.

It was snowing at 4am when I left the MTC, a perfect good bye for me from Utah. SPEAKING OF SNOW!! HOLY SPAZZ! I love it, thanks for sending the pictures. I don't know how long I'll continue to be in Ohio, but my visa stuff hasn't come through yet, but they will ship me out once I get through. 

This work is great, I live it and I love it! We are so blessed and have great opportunities because of this gospel! Our Savior LIVES, and God loves us!
Love you all!
Hermana A. Johansen


No comments:

Post a Comment