Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rain....

Hola! 

It's raining a lot here in Ohio, I think that's a way of God saying how much he loves me because I love the rain and I am missing the beginning of an Argentine winter. I'm super happy that it's not as hot as it usually is here, I've felt very blessed especially during tracting.

The lessons I wrote about last week with Jennifer and Gloria sadly didn't happen. Something came up and Jennifer's son had to take the car she was going to take to the church tour, and we went to meet Gloria and she wasn't there. We were sad over both situations, but we're not giving up on them.

We had Zone Training Meeting this week and set goals for solid new investigators. Our two districts had quite the difference in the amount we desired to achieve. Haha that was a very exciting meeting to say the least, it was amazing to see the faith of our districts and how much we're all going to grow from this experience. We almost reached our goal! The Sisters all met/exceeded theirs! We met our two yesterday while contacting in Burton. We ran into an adorable family of four with a little boy on the way. We knocked on the door, I was expecting it to be the home of an old lady with the ramps that they had, and with the dog barking I thought she'll be angry like everyone else usually is, but that wasn't the case. Heidi opens the door and is actually really excited to see us! :D Yeah, blew my mind! She invited us to come in and we all thought she was talking to their dog Maggy. She was getting her little girls ready to go outside and see the chicks in the back, and told them "These girls love Jesus, wanna say hi?" OH MY GOODNESS!! Turns out she knows a family in the branch, went to school with one of their kids, has attended church before, and knows about the missionaries! Her husband Joe looks a lot like S. Allred which made me giggle. We had a lovely discussion about each other's beliefs and why we do what we do. They are the nicest, most open Catholics I have ever met! But here's the cool thing. Heidi's been praying for a little while to have help with the house before their son's born in about five weeks, she casually said something about renovating the basement while apologizing for the mess upstairs. I asked her if we could help her out, and that we could stop by the next time we're in Burton, You should've seen her face! :D She looked so happy and relieved, man it was great! We're going back this week and she said that she had some questions for us before we left, but that they could wait for next time. I AM SO EXCITED!! We'll see how this goes.

I did see the McClellans and Kenzie when they were on the church tour! If I hadn't seen Kenzie walking in we probably wouldn't have even seen each other. They're supposed to be saying hi for me. It was SO GREAT TO SEE THEM!! :D it was really funny how we had to work with only shaking hands we all had a good laugh about it and caught up with how the ward was doing and how things were with our other missionaries.

That's one exciting picture of me and Sister Nuttall! I got to see one of the Sister Nuttalls, turns out she was on my floor the whole time, and it took so long for us to figure that out. Jennifer was there too, but in a different building, sadly I didn't get to see her. That was my last night in the MTC and yes, I'd just finished showering :) which explains the wet hair. 

Love you all! Please keep safe! :)

Hermana A. Johansen

No comments:

Post a Comment