Wednesday, March 19, 2014

things that happened this week like . . . TRANSFERS

So this is what is going on this week and I don´t have a lot of time to tell you all about  it today. we have less than an hour to write and so this should be interesting. 

I´m in Formosa Capital, Formosa, serving in the area Puerto 4. My comp is Hermana Medina from Panamá, and she´s awesome. it´s funny cause when I´m really tired I´ll forget what idioma I am currently speaking and I´ll say some things in English because both Spanish and English feel so natural to me now. I still get a few things mixed up and my grammar isn't all THAT good still, but ya know I get along and my comp is great. 

I´m still a Sister Training leader and this is going to be a fun transfer cause we´re in charge of 6 comps de hnas, so we have to do an intercambio every week. We had consejo all about divisiones and it helped me a ton. 

I´m having Formosa culture shock. I went from having the hardest time finding anyone and this fin de semana we found 11 people in three days! I swear if there is anything like putting your face to a fire hydrant THIS IS IT!  it´s pretty great, so great infact that I have hardly any idea what to do with myself. The ward is fantastic. I was in relief society for the first time in almost 7 months yesterday and I almost cried. We´re in a fully functioning ward and the members really wanna help us. There is a stake here in Formasa Capital so that is a ton of fun too.

YOU´LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I GOT YESTERDAY!!!!!! I got my trunky papers . . . . I didn't want them, I tried to give them back to Elder Fiabane and he wouldn't take them back! I tell everyone who goes crazy about my 5 1/2 months left that I´m talking to President Heyman about an 8 month extension, it helps me keep from realizing my situation and from the shock of how close it really is and how fast it´s going to go.

so there´s an Ice Cream Motorcycle that runs around here and plays all the classics, it even played the tune of ´You are my Sunshine¨ and I about cried. Had to tell ya´ll all bout it. 

I have spent a lot of money this month due to having to travel to Goya so much and transfers . . . 

By the way, for those who know . . . our air conditioner sounds like the TARDIS. 

I think that´s all I have to say for this week, I´m trying to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish and D&C in English by the end of the mission and I´m loving it.

Strengthen your testimonies, go share it. Do good, and never tire of it.
Love you all! 

Hermana A Johansen

No comments:

Post a Comment